Friday, January 6, 2012

The Hired Help

I love the maid that I have to bits. She thinks outside the box and is so innovative it even surprises me. You don't appreciate what you have until its gone and its this long festive season that made me miss her presence so much. Now I'm not as domesticated as one should be, not that I can't but household chores are not something that I enjoy doing, so hey why not get someone who can do it better than me.
In every business, its always wiser to get people that are better than you in an area of expertise that you need them to run. Yes, have an appreciation of the trade, just enough to keep your reigns on it, but let the horse gallop. I'm amazed by bosses who don't employ people simply because they are threatened by the fact that the potential incumbent is more qualified than they are and hence their job is threatened. But look on the other side of the coin, this very qualified person can take your business to the next level, the business is still yours remember.

I love working with qualified people in a certain field. They can make you look good, like really good. Let's face it, there is no way that you will ever know everything, but build a strong team around you and pay them well, and in turn they will make the profits for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment